New Patient Information
Thank you for choosing Neurodevelopmental Institute of New Hampshire. We understand that individuals and families seeking services at NINH may feel stressed and overwhelmed in their daily lives. Our clients are often looking for answers and seeking support. We hope that NINH can meet your needs. Referrals and requests for services are accepted from a variety of sources, including individuals, parents, schools, DCYF, and other providers.
All services begin with the registration process. Our registration process gathers basic demographics (name, date of birth, address) and insurance information (insurance company, plan, subscriber, ID and phone number). Once you provide all of the required demographic and insurance information, we will be able to verify your insurance benefits. When we verify your benefits, we want to confirm that your insurance plan covers the services you are requesting and determine whether it requires any referrals or authorizations. In addition, we want to be able to provide you with an estimate of your out of pocket expense based on what your insurance company reports. Depending on your insurance company, this can take several days to complete.
After your benefits are verified, next steps depend on which services you are interested in.
- Once your insurance benefits have been verified, you will be assigned a therapist.
- Your therapist will contact you to schedule the intake appointment.
- You should arrive at least 15 minutes early for your first appointment to sign required consents. If time allows, consents will be sent to you prior to your intake.
- If therapy is schedule for a child, the initial intake appointment will likely be schedule with parents/guardians only. It is important that parents/guardians are able to speak openly and freely with our staff about the child’s history and any concerns they have about their child. We believe that it is in your child’s best interest to not be present during this discussion.
- Therapy appointments will be schedule directly with your therapist.
- Once your insurance benefits have been verified, our Neuropsychological Administrative Assistant will contact you to schedule a pre-screening by phone and then schedule your intake.
- Consents will be prepared and sent to you for review. The consents should be completed and brought to your intake appointment. Consents are required to be signed by both parents unless proof of guardianship or sole decision making rights is provided.
- You should arrive at least 15 minutes early for your intake to complete any missing consents and any additional required paperwork.
- If testing is for a child, the intake appointment will likely be scheduled with parents/guardians only. If you arrive to an intake appointment with a child 14 years old or younger, we will reschedule your appointment. It is important that parents/guardians are able to speak openly and freely with our staff about the child’s history and any concerns they have about their child. We believe that it is in your child’s best interest to not be present during this discussion.
- After your intake is complete, NINH will request relevant records from PCPs, school, and other providers, and request authorization for testing from your insurance company.
- Testing will be scheduled once any required authorization is received. Testing is usually scheduled in 2-hour blocks. Depending on the testing being completed, it may be necessary to schedule more than one testing session.
- In addition to the testing completed in our office, there may be questionnaires that are sent home for parents, teachers, or others to complete. Any questionnaires provided must be returned as soon as possible to avoid delays in the final report.
- A final report will be prepared after all testing is complete and all questionnaires are returned. This can take up to 8-10 weeks.
- When the final report is complete, we will call to schedule a feedback session. At the feedback you will receive a copy of the report, review the report with the provider, and ask any questions.
If you have any questions related to the above information, please do not hesitate to contact our office either through the Contact tab or call our office.